It’s a simple, healthy, and filling recipe, with hearty quinoa, crunchy almonds, fresh dill, and a touch of sweetness from the cranberries.
½ cup plain yogurt
¼ cup chopped fresh dill
1 Tbsp canola or olive oil
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
1 cup packed spinach
1 green onion, finely sliced
½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
¼ cup sliced unsalted almonds
½ tsp sea salt
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir together to combine. Refrigerate while you prepare the salad.
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, uncovered. Once boiling, turn the heat to medium and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the water, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and let the quinoa steam for 5 minutes. Spread the quinoa out on a rimmed baking sheet to cool, or rinse it under cold water, and set it aside.
- Chiffonade the spinach by stacking a small handful of spinach leaves in a neat pile. Roll the stack lengthwise into a compact cigar shape, and then slice the spinach into ribbons. Place the chiffonade spinach in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked quinoa, green onion, cranberries, almonds, and salt. Pour the dressing overtop of the salad, and gently toss until well combined. Add more salt to taste, if needed. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Only in Saskatchewan by Naomi Hansen. Recipe copyright © 2022 by Tangerine: The Food Bar.